 Administrative / NNTP / 1435
  Re: New newsgroup lugnet.color

(...) Wow. LUGNET sure moves fast, provided the right people are (URL) complaining>. This seems like a very unfair move designed to discourage the expression of negative opinions about the color change, for the benefit of a few people who want to (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: New newsgroup lugnet.color

(...) I hadn't even seen that, Mark. I've tried to avoid reading the bulk of the thread, since it only depresses me. (I'm a Space guy with tons of real gray and I will miss it. But that's neither here nor there :) (...) Nope, this move isn't (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: New newsgroup lugnet.color

(...) I for one think it's a great idea - one I had not thought of until I saw Todd's announcement, but I hit myself thinking "why didn't I think of that?" It is a move deisgned to discourage the expression of negative opinions about the color (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: New newsgroup lugnet.color

(...) I'm not sure I agree with that phrasing. No one is trying to take the steam out, per se, people should be free to express themselves if they can do so politely and positively. What *is* desired is that the steam be channeled and regulated so (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.color, FTX)