 Administrative / NNTP / 1373
    distributed denial of service attack —Amy Hughes
   I believe the recent "distributed denial of service attack" was SWEN. I was getting copies of that from all over the world to my lugnews address, and only to my lugnews address, until you moved ports. That shut off the incoming viri like a switch. I (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: distributed denial of service attack —Adrian Drake
   (...) So THAT's what was going on! I got over 2200 .swen virus emails in the 10 days or so preceding the closing of that port, and then, as you mentioned, they stopped like a switch had been flipped. Thanks so much for fixing that, Todd! Adrian (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)