 Administrative / NNTP / 1343
    Posting (via slrn) w/out confirmation webpage? —Tim Rueger
   Hey, It's been a while since I've been active on LUGNET (the Dallas road show event got me going again). I'd really like to use slrn as my LUGNET newsgroup interface, but having to authenticate a posting on a webpage kinda defeats the purpose. Sorry (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Posting (via slrn) w/out confirmation webpage? —Thomas Garrison
   (...) You should be able to authenticate by replying to an authentication e-mail that LUGNET sends you, obviating any need for a Web browser. I have no idea what to do (or even how to post) if LUGNET isn't sending that e-mail. HTH, (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Posting (via slrn) w/out confirmation webpage? —Tim Rueger
   (...) Yes, I do get that email, and I usually just cut/paste the provided URL into my web browser and submit the form instead of replying to the email. What I'm really after is avoiding a manual authentication step altogether by configuring slrn (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)