 Administrative / NNTP / 1337
Re: top-posting (was: posting oddities)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 00:31:01 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:
Would you prefer a button-clickie or something to override it and say,
"Yes, thank you, I know what I'm doing and I really did mean to put that
at the top"?

I'll do you even one better than that.  Instead of moving your text to the
bottom automatically and telling you that it has done this, it now simply tells
you that you're going against netiquette by top-posting and it *suggests* that
you move your reply to the bottom.  It then gives you a "Fix it for me" button
which you can use to move the text to the bottom automatically.  But you don't
have to click that button if you don't want to.  But it's highly recommended
that you do, for the love of all that good in the world.

Spiffatronic. Were I ever to have made a mistake by leaving such text topside, I
would of course click it to restore karmic balance...

but I don't make misteaks, so I'm not seeing that as a problem for me.  :-)

--Todd