 Administrative / NNTP / 1294
  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) It's technically impossible, of course, to detect what a signature is. If you go by internet standards, then the line "-- " (that's two hyphens followed by a single space, followed by a newline character) is a standard signature delimiter -- (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) Now this is the stuff I'd like to see go away. I've never seen a post that is enhanced by 87 lines of text as a sig file. Pictures I can filter out if need be. Text is something I can't. -Dave (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) Yeah, that's what I had remembered-- that Lugnet picked up on signatures at least when they adhered to the standard. I've never been one to take specific notice, but I was under the impression that most readers would automatically prepend "-- (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)