 Administrative / NNTP / 1100
Re: Lugnet server not allowing my messages from OE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:17:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Rob Hendrix writes:
Here is the error I keep receiving.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'Re: Spybotics demo
followup questions', Account: 'www.lugnet.com', Server: 'www.lugnet.com',
Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 New Users Start Here:
http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Rob Hendrix writes:
I haven't been able to post messages from Outlook Express this evening.
It keeps giving me the message about new users setting up posting priveleges.

Did you change the email address or display name in the OE account settings?
Login to Lugnet using the web, go to the page linked above
(http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/) and check that the name & email
displayed match your OE settings *exactly*. That is usually what causes this
problem.

HTH

ROSCO