 Administrative / NNTP / 110
Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:58:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Joakim Olsson writes:
Do you know what software that is causing the problem?
Would be a nice thing to know, so I can avoid it.

It identifies itself as:

in the SMTP headers, and that's about all I know.  LarryP posted some more
info though that might help.

It's (at least) MS Outlook, or some variant, or the MS Exchange server that
processes the mail, or something in the way some sysops configure it, or
something in the way users use it, based on the quick tests I conducted.

That's not to say that other servers or mailers might not also be calling
themselves Internet Mail Service and might not be part of the problem, but for
the one post that Todd found of mine (there may be more) that broke threads,
that was the tool used)

++Lar