 Administrative / NNTP / 106
Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:34:32 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
The only clean and proper solution is to have the server reject messages
from mailers that don't put the 'References:' header in.  I should have
done this long ago.  :-/ Benjamin is not the only person running the broken
software -- I found a few odd messages from a handful of other people.
It's disasterous.

Totally agree. It's not that it works weirdly, it's that it acts brokenly.

If enough places rejected broken postings/messages, the offending software
would get fixed.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/