 Administrative / NNTP / 1046 (-10)
  Re: Unable to connect via NNTP

(...) I'm having problems too. I Figured it was a temporary problem at their end as I'm not having any problems with any other NNTP servers. I just tried increasing my timeout from 1 min to 2 as the other poster did, but still no luck for me. Mike (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Daniel Crichton wrote in message ... (...) I just increased my server timeout setting from 1 min to 2, and that seems to have done it. Don't know why it should need the longer setting now after 3 years of being happy on the previous one! Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Unable to connect via NNTP

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:GtI2D1.1ts@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) Not at all - I've just read this via NNTP and posted my reply that way. Dan (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Unable to connect via NNTP

For the past 3 days or so I've been unable to get my newsreader (Outlook Express) to connect to the LUGNET News server. (I"m posting this via the we interface). Has anything changed? ANyone else having trouble? Kevin (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Hi Mark, You need to go through the posting setup (URL) to change your email address. FUT: .admin.nntp (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: newsticker

(...) yup, had another stale lock file. fixed it now, so that it'll deal properly with stale lockfiles, so _hopefully_, it won't happen again. thanks for pointing it out! Dan (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: newsticker

(...) Dan, Is it broken again? Not getting updates since sometime yesterday. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@hotmail.com (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: .trains keeps crashing my newsreader

(...) I have no problem reading the newsgroup in mutt, so at least the server is sending back something right... does it die at a certain point? can you find which article is killing it? If you send me (in email) your ip, I can try to look at the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  .trains keeps crashing my newsreader

Since this morning every time I try to go to .trains using the newsreader on Netscape Communicator 4.06 it crashes the application. All the other groups that I am subscribed to work fine(e.g. download articles, thread, display), while this one group (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!

(...) Yeah, that's fine. Hey, it'd be cool if L-Shop read the calculated price-per-piece too. -Suz (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact