 Administrative / General / Search Results: password
 Results 481 – 500 of 524.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Yeah, but the point is we ARE right. You're not concerned about it, Todd may not be concerned about it, but the market backs us up. Can you change your password at Amazon.com? BN.com? Any other major online retailer you care to name? How about (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Use either the top radio button and close the browser when you're done, or use the bottom radio button and set a timeout like 1 hour in case you forget to sign out manually. (...) Leave yourself signed in, or sign out manually when you're (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) So what do I do when I login at a publicly accessible machine in a lab? What does anyone in a college environment do? People who are lucky enough to have a spouse who reads (and has a membership) at LUGNET but uses the same computer? To be so (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Actually, I'd seen someone rating quite a few of your articles highly, and I kinda assumed that it was you :) :) My password is kinda easy to remember as passwords go, containing my initials, a single repeated digit and a naff name that I (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Well, obviously, don't do that on a machine that's not under your control. That's for your home system or your laptop -- whatever you use regularly. (...) No, not dug in, just a bit skeptical and need to think changes through carefully. No (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) That might be fine for home (or maybe it wouldn't be - maybe my wife and I share a computer to access LUGNET (we don't, since I have more than a few computers, but we could)?) but it wouldn't work for work. My LUGNET packet is sitting in my (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) I agree. But if Mike's suggestion is taken a little differently, i.e., "I think _I_ should have to sign in to post via the web interface." ...then that's probably a good thing. Once you do decide to beomce a member, you should (it would be (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Hrmmm .... or maybe article scoring could be turned off for the market groups where listings are posted? Probably not, though, since those groups often contain discussion in addition to listings. (...) Dunno about Ed, but I read LUGNET from (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Ditto to that. I currently can (and do) access Lugnet from at least 5 machines at home, 3 machines in my cube at work, and any number of machines scattered around campus (what else am I supposed to do while waiting for a server to do something (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Well, there you go. I didn't even know there was something else that required you to sign in to access it. So that is two features right now that I cannot access (as a paid member) unless I choose to compromise the same security these silly (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) What I used to do and still do in some cases where I think people might be trying to get my passwords is to use a core word (I choose one from about a dozen Latin or Russian words, sometimes spelled, in the case of Russian, the way I like to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) That would potentially shift some of the blame if something bad did happen to someone, but could it prevent blame or suspicions from occurring in the first place? It seems to me that such wording or agreement would not actually lessen the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) And how secure is that? I'm sensing that you're dug into this position and are now in Defensive Mode. Whatever. Fact is, I use a lot of different machines, not all under my control, sometimes at a different client each week. Cookies in that (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Excellent. I do foresee one possible area that could be a problem (but I could be overreacting) - Auction/Sale/Trade announcements could all end up with a 75 rating (the initial 50 and then the poster gives it a 100). This could give a false (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: Pseudo-streaming live news (was: Re: Monitor Page)

(...) The firewall seems to periodically require re-authentication to get out. But it's not clear what strategy it uses to determine when to re-authenticate. It's not elapsed time since last authentication, or elapsed time since last request. It (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Lugnet Password

Um, btw, Todd? Why can't we change our lugnet password? Or is there a way and I'm just being blind? :) Dan (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.166)

  Re: Lugnet Password

(...) Haven't implemented that facility yet... --Todd (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.165)

  Self Organisation (Was: Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images)

(...) I did a bit of back-reading on this topic, especially: (URL) I get the feeling that: a) Todd expects some form of LUGNET community regulation. b) Todd is *waiting* for us to self-organise, in the spirit that such an endeavour should happen as (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.163)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

Lorbaat wrote in message ... (...) violator (...) Because it contributed NOTHING to the discussion. This one does. I'll respond below. (...) repeat (...) what (...) Ok, I'll detail what my response to Scott's latest post is. I don't remember all of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.163)

  Re: Pulled off a snipe.

(...) Yah, I suppose pretty much anything you post anywhere on the internet that's viewable without a password has lost its confidentiality. Not sure what he meant by proprietary and "confidential" but what he posted certainly wasn't confidential (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 0.161)

More:  Next Page >>