 Administrative / General / 9981
Re: Are you looking for a 1592 Town Square - Castle Scene in MIB condition?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:37:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
because the admins don't have time to help steer the
community to this level of detail.

The key words are "to this level of detail." When I saw your post, my
thoughts ran something like this: "Yeah, Larry is right about this.  But, at
least it's in buy-sell-trade so Morton isn't too far off.  Aw, who cares..."
Then I clicked back to Morton's message, visited the eBay listing, laughed
at the "Buy now" option, and then I don't know what I did.

See?

You can play at correcting people about where they post their messages, but
unless the error is egregious -- and probably even when the error is
pointedly outrageous -- many people will just think of your post as adding
to the noise. I didn't care enough to comment either way, but since you have
raised the issue once more, this is my response.  You weren't wrong to do as
you did, but if you think that your doing so will change things for anyone
except Morton as regards this kind of posting error  -- well, you would
probably be wrong about that.  Over time I have noticed people have all
kinds of strategies to avoid doing the right thing even when one presumes
they should know better.

-- Hop-Frog