 Administrative / General / 9853
  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

The target= attribute is deprecated in HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0. If I, for whatever reason of vanity and the like, choose to write an XML document that validates against the strict DTDs, then I cannot use the target= attribute. You are correct that (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

(...) Well, I believe deprecated does not mean prohibited; it means that it is going to be prohibited in a future version, so you'll have to change it someday. Am I wrong about that? Does CSS offer an equivalent to this? It seems possible to me. I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

Deprecated does mean "not allowed" when one is validating a page against the strict DTD. It means "not prohibited" only against the Transitional DTDs. Thanks for the tips. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Attributes of the [A and] IMG tag[s] used in displaying the LUGNET logo

Thanks to your tip, here is my candidate for an XHTML-compliant LUGNET banner anchor (hide the style declaration from Netscape 4 by including it in an imported style sheet, margin values optional): <style type="text/css"> img.bannerlugnet { (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.publish.html)