 Administrative / General / 9851
    Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo —William R. Ward
   (...) JavaScript, not Java. A completely separate and unrelated language. Note that target="_top" is for frames, to load the page in the outermost frame (i.e. the whole window). For a new window, the correct value is target="_blank". If you are not (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

        Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo —Dan Boger
     (...) defenitly, my slip, sorry :) (...) hmmm... at least in mozilla, it doesn't create a new window. so it's only used to break out of frames, which is a very good thing for a button to do. (...) :) Dan (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

        Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo —Constantine Hannaher
   You would be right about using the target= attribute as a backup if I was writing to the Transitional DTDs or against the loose URIs. Deprecated means I can't use the target= attribute in an XML document that validates against the DTDs for HTML 4.01 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html)

        Re: Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo —Frank Filz
   (...) <rant> My only thought on this whole thing is why is the world seeming to force everyone to use scripted web pages? What on earth is wrong with just plain HTML? I often prefer to run with scripting disabled either because it is so buggy on (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish.html)

        Re: Attributes of the IMG tag [and A tag] used in displaying the LUGNET logo —Constantine Hannaher
   Er, I'll take as a valid point from between your non-standards-based rant tags that a web page should not need a user agent with scripting active to be usable. If I have understood the W3C's recommendations on this point, and all I'm trying to do (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.publish.html)