 Administrative / General / 9831
Re: I am officially curious...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:31:48 GMT

"Jennifer L. Boger" wrote:

This isn't brain surgery, and you even memorize it after awhile.  But it's a
lot harder than just clicking the Reply button.

Not that I want verification to go away.  But it's a pain to read with a
newsreader, and reply via the web.

Wow, that's even harder than it is for me.  I have to send the message,
wait for the server responce, click the url and hit yes.  A grand total
of 2 clicks.  Definetly not brain surgery, and no, I don't want
verification to go away either.

Yea, not so bad as trying to pull up the web view of the message to
respond, but still a pain.

I hope at some point there will be a page accessible as a logged in
member which pulls up all the unverified messages and lets you select
which ones to accept (it would be neat if it presented the same bit that
is displayed in the web view for the recent messages, with a set of
check boxes beside each, and of course the URL to the current validation
page for the message in case you want to review the whole message).

Another feature which would be nice on the validation page: an "edit
this message" button.

Just some thoughts.

Frank