 Administrative / General / 9830 (-20)
  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) Well I'm using Aol 7 for e-mail(which has bugs). And you can't often click an url in an email, you have to copy and paste it, even though I selected the setting that's supposed to let you just cick email urls. Steve (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) I do post via the web interface but I'm not a 'paid-up' member so I can't sign in. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) Wow, that's even harder than it is for me. I have to send the message, wait for the server responce, click the url and hit yes. A grand total of 2 clicks. Definetly not brain surgery, and no, I don't want verification to go away either. (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) I don't know about that Steven, but this one would rather read in a newsreader. Unfortunately, this means that to start a reply on the web requires going through the process of: Press [H] to display the headers (I'm using Forte Agent). (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) Because those of us who use newsreaders can sort through and view messages WAY faster than we could with the web interface. Unfortunately, the verification stuff throws a monkeywrench in the gears, so I tend to post less frequently than I did (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Member State

How does one change the State (and Flag) on one's member page? I figured clicking on it might do the trick, but that just takes you to the local group. I fear I may feel dumb if the answer is easy ... but it's a comfortable feeling for me. -s (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

In lugnet.general, Steven Lane writes: <snip> (...) Unforunatly he hasn't gone away, he still post to R.T.L every once in awhile and makes claims that he will be back to LUGNET. So what can you do, it's a hassle but these kind of jerks make lots of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) well :-(. (...) if it bothers you that much, why don't you just post via the web interface? no verification there? (...) to (...) I doubt that will happen. Dan (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) Yeah but the police don't hassle me for my I.D. EVERY day!! (...) I agree the person(s) was a total jerk. But he's probably gone now anyway. Why not have verification for the month following a strike, then revert to normal. Steve (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) Police stink. It's not like that many people are being robbed. I agree 100% that it's a pain to have to do the verification, but put that blame where it belongs - on the jerk(s) who were abusing all our trust, instead of with the people who (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) Me too! Verification sucks. And just think, I'll have to verify this post as well :-(. It's not even like that many people we're being impersonated. Steve (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

(...) I wouldn't leak information like this on LUGNET. The administrators have explicitly said many times that information like this should not be published on LUGNET. (I would use rec.toys.lego :-) Fredrik (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

Play it like politicians. Put them in a secret place, say a page on your website that doesn't have a direct link to it, then leak the location to the press - Lugnet. Duq Michael Edwards <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

(...) I wouldn't mind a copy either ... (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

(...) :) (...) I (...) Well some of the images that i have on Kanohi-Power may have been taken from the dealers catalogue but i am not so sure.. But the rest of this stuff is from the dealers catalogue (the blue brick banner on each row).... If you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

(...) Email them to me personally;-) All seriousness aside, you were right by not posting them here on LUGNET. I guess the rest of us will have to wait a few more weeks.... -John (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Images of the new 2K2 Line

This time its not Bionicle.. I have scans of the new Technic 2k2 line which shows a new RC Control Unit for a "Super" Car? not as big as the 8448 or 8880 But i am not sure if i should post them, as with past problems with Dealer Catalogue images... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unexpected email

(...) !? (...) [snip] (...) what happened is that two people who are subscribed to the group you wrote to have bad autoresponders set up - I say bad, because a good autoresponder knows not to reply to list/bulk email. not much we can do from our (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Unexpected email

I posted to robotics (message 16674): reply to rcx 2.0 without power plug !? and I got two emails: One from: Georg Wolf georg.wolf@eurpoe.lego.com Subject: Out of Office AutoReply: rcx 2.0 without power plug !? Text: Dear Sender, I am out of the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

With respect to the LUGNET buttons available at (URL) I have discovered that Netscape 6 does not display the text associated with the alt= attribute but will display (in the manner that other browsers show the alt= text) the string associated with (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact