 Administrative / General / 9763
    edventures spam —Christopher Tracey
   Did anyone else receive spam from a company called edventures.com? I've been getting stuff for weeks until I unsubscribed a few days ago. It appeared in all my accounts that are linked to lugnet somehow and didn't appear in my non lugnet accounts. I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: edventures spam —Dan Boger
   (...) Both me and Jennifer recieved such spam as well, including to inv@peeron.com, which isn't subscribe to anything, of course. Unfortunatly, there's nothing stopping anyone from harvesting LUGNET for addresses - no protection, at least yet. Dan (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: edventures spam —Jennifer L. Boger
     (...) the inv@peeron.com addy also doesn't post (afaik) - it was only mentioned *in* posts.. I spamcopped the edventures' mail each week i got them.. I think they stopped coming, but I don't know if it was because of the spamcopping or if i finally (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: edventures spam —Christopher Tracey
   (...) Thanks Dan and Jenn, No big deal overall (to me at least), although I must have dreamed that LUGNET was spam free. -chris (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: edventures spam —James Brown
   (...) Lugnet isn't spam free, although I *think* it's set up to discourage robots and other automated creepy crawlies. Anyone harvesting from Lugnet would have to at least subscribe, and grab the e-mail addys from message headers. This takes out a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)