 Administrative / General / 9720
    LUGNET found on serach engine... —Jon Kozan
   Perhaps this isn't anything new, but I was a bit surprisd to see a LUGNET member's page pop up on a Google internet search. I've never seen that happen before, and somehow thought LUGNET was immune... Was I confused? Thanks, -Jon (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: LUGNET found on serach engine... —Matthew Gerber
   (...) Google lists pages in order of the amount of links made to them from other sites...i.e. if your page is linked to by many other sites, your page will be higher in the list. A good example would be to search for "Shiri Dori"...her acronym guide (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: LUGNET found on serach engine... —Frank Filz
     (...) Interesting, my first two pages are my way out of date AOL pages. At least my top level Lego page shows up third. Interestingly, it has a description and category tag, who puts those there? It shows up as #48 in the Recreation > Collecting > (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

         Re: LUGNET found on serach engine... —Timothy Carl Buchheim
     (...) The categorization comes from the Open Directory Project (www.dmoz.org). The dmoz data is used by a number of sites, including Google. -- Tim Buchheim (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: LUGNET found on serach engine... —Ross Crawford
   (...) Links within LUGNET pages actually call jump.cgi, this may affect the ability of search bots to count the pages they link to. That shouldn't affect links within non-LUGNET pages pointing to LUGNET pages, though. I'm not sure how LUGNET handles (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)