 Administrative / General / 9715 (-5)
  Re: Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

(...) Yes, and a high hit rate with no replies just tells you that a lot of people read your post but weren't interested enough to reply. Where's the benefit in that? -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

(...) A counter would only indicate the number of times a post had been chosen for reading - which can be swayed by the catchy-ness of the title, the popularity of the poster, etc. Hence the hilight button at the -end- of messages. Posts with titles (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

(...) Sorry to butt in this way, but since everyone hates me anyway -- I just don't care!!! I am mystified by these threads about how crummy Lugnet is because everyone is cross-posting stuff and everyone has to be bothered reading it, and how it is (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

(...) I think the primary problem with counters on posts is that it won't tell you much because they won't include people using NNTP. It will only count people like me that use the web interface. Eric (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)

(...) That's a really cool idea - This could allow people to see that their posts are being read, even if they don't get the response that they are looking for. Of course, counters on people's pages usually do the trick as well - you know people are (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact