 Administrative / General / 9714
Re: Counters (was:THE POSTING BLUES)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:00:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Elin Övernäs writes:
I am someone who haven't posted in a very long time so I feel very guilty of
this. I do read every new post and if I like the creation I highlight it. One
way of solving the way people feel ignored might be to add something like in
Brickshelf, a counter for how many that have read the post.

That's a really cool idea - This could allow people to see that their posts
are being read, even if they don't get the response that they are looking
for.

Of course, counters on people's pages usually do the trick as well - you
know people are reading and going to see what you have done.

But ... how easily could counters be implemented on people's posts?  Has
this been a topic before ... ?

-- Pawel

A counter would only indicate the number of times a post had been chosen for
reading - which can be swayed by the catchy-ness of the title, the
popularity of the poster, etc. Hence the hilight button at the -end- of
messages.

Posts with titles like "HELP!!!!" would quite popular... but I may actually
be annoyed by having had to read it.

-Suz