 Administrative / General / 9464
Re: Come On!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 14:48:40 GMT

Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. wrote:
Now when trying to post we get this:
Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'New website',
Account: 'lugnet.com', Server: 'lugnet.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server
Response: '441 Your message is addressed to a group which does not exist.',
Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

were trying to posting to announce,general,localusnybin,and orguslucny
whats the deal?

It seems the server claims you were posting to bad groups.

I assume you had '.'s in your groups when you posted?  and had a 'lugnet.' prefix?  'lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.org.us.luncy'...  also, notice that the local groups are actually "loc" in the newsgroups tree.  The way I can always tell what the group name is (when I'm unsure), is go to it on the web interface, and see what the url looks like...:

  http://news.lugnet.com/loc/us/ny/bin/

HTH,

Dan