 Administrative / General / 9459
Re: posting varification, ug!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:09:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
Hey Todd,
Can each newsgroup vote on it? I think it's a real drag and tends to make me
*not* want to post (which may be a good thing for the group ;P ).

Example:
It's 5:20 and I'm still waiting for the e-mail to verify a post I submitted
20 mins ago. I want to go home already...

LUGNET is not a democracy but I would vote AGAINST this in every single
group I use or view (or whatever the metric was)

This has been discussed at great length and I at least am convinced that the
small inconvenience is worth not having spoofers nearly as much.

FUT to admin.general where this discussion belongs (and where those who want
to repeat it would be well served to do a little reading)

++Lar