 Administrative / General / 9445
Re: I think we stepped in something.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:16:48 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Gerber writes:

Asking LUGNET admin to police the groups, request "parent-admin
conferences", or make special symbols/colors/whatever to single people out
so they get treated differently by the other posters just isn't viable or
right. How much time would you have Suzanne and Todd take making sure
everyone is treated according to their current mental state? Look especially
at Frank's post...the poster and their caretakers are responsible for her
actions...and that's the way it should be (IMO).

It's this latter example (like Frank's) that I had in mind.  Someone
at LUGNET would only need make the initial contact, and the rest
is up to the person's "supervisor".  Since I would assume cases
like this to be exceptionally rare, I would imagine that yes it
would be LUGNET admins who would make this contact.  Unless there
was another volunteer.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada