 Administrative / General / 9424
  Re: It is time to ban JAL.

(...) He broke the Terms of Use Agreement. (URL) S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com> (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: It is time to ban JAL.

(...) JAL was not "banned" (that's a very loaded word) and as far as I'm aware, neither Suzanne nor I ever used the word "ban" or "banned" to him. What happened earlier is that the server has been instructed to reject messages sent with his known (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: It is time to ban JAL.

(...) Hi, I think that people were using the term "ban" because it was in the thread title that I started. I wasn't sure what word to use in place of "privileges revocation" so I guess the term stuck. You are right, of course, and the term is very (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: It is time to ban JAL.

(...) <Snipped Banned Topic> (...) I would not like to see JAL's privileges permanently revoked. His language does not seem to be a repetitive problem as with other people who regularly post. I have to admit that what was posted did violate the TOS (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)