 Administrative / General / 9290 (-10)
  Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?

Do me a fav, would you mind picking a part the rest of the message instead of acting like some wisecrack. I wouldn't mind hearing your reasons too. That is of course, unless you have nothing to back you besides a few angry LUGNET users who got out (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Are that many people really glad about the security stuff?

(...) Me, for one... (...) I think so. Maybe we need to see if Kev will do a new Brickshelf poll... I bet we'd get an overwhelming positive vote. But maybe not. FUT admin.general (or should it have been NNTP??) as this is not really a .general (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Todd, can I have my password.

(...) Behind the membership card on your packet, if you ever got one!! -Shiri (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) I know that this reply is late in coming, but had I asked this community if there was a 'need' for a ELTC, I would've received a response identical to my first announcement of ELTC. It took Sam's UKLTC to bring about a measure of response. We (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Todd, can I have my password.

(...) Ummm...me three, Todd? Where was this password in the first place? -- Hop-Frog (not jesting) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible bug with "Reply"-button

(...) It's not a bug, but actually a (little-known) feature of the NNTP protocol/ format: If the Followup-To header is set to "poster", then your newsreader is supposed to direct replies to the poster rather than to a newsgroup. -- Todd S. Lehman | (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) Did NNTP posting have this problem? Todd put a nifty little fix in for web dups a few months back. Great stuff... ++Lar (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Reply button test, Mark II

(...) Hunh. Exactly the same as FUT: lugnet.off-topic.test,poster It appears that it will accept "poster" as an argument in the FUT field, but will only process it as a mailto: command if it's by itself. Hunh. (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible bug with "Reply"-button

(...) Neat. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature. If you look at the message header, you'll notice that "Followup-To:" is set for "poster", which turns the reply button into a "mailto:" command. Presumably that's something that Daniel has (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Possible bug with "Reply"-button

Hello Todd, With posting (URL) from Daniel Staudt I've encountered the following problem: When I click on the "Reply"- button it does a "Relply to poster via private e-mail message" instead of the normal "Post a public reply to this message". This (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact