 Administrative / General / 9282
Re: Possible bug with "Reply"-button
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:11:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Hello Todd,

With posting http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=1427 from Daniel
Staudt I've encountered the following problem: When I click on the "Reply"-
button it does a "Relply to poster via private e-mail message" instead of
the normal "Post a public reply to this message". This doesn't seem to be a
normal thing to me. If so, is it possible for you to correct this ?

Neat.  I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

If you look at the message header, you'll notice that "Followup-To:" is set
for "poster", which turns the reply button into a "mailto:" command.

Presumably that's something that Daniel has explicitely set from his
newsreader.  (Xnews)  I think it's really nifty that the web interface
supports that.

If it's a more common thing, or a recent change, Todd might need to make
people aware of it.

James