 Administrative / General / 9281
  Possible bug with "Reply"-button

Hello Todd, With posting (URL) from Daniel Staudt I've encountered the following problem: When I click on the "Reply"- button it does a "Relply to poster via private e-mail message" instead of the normal "Post a public reply to this message". This (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible bug with "Reply"-button

(...) Neat. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature. If you look at the message header, you'll notice that "Followup-To:" is set for "poster", which turns the reply button into a "mailto:" command. Presumably that's something that Daniel has (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible bug with "Reply"-button

(...) It's not a bug, but actually a (little-known) feature of the NNTP protocol/ format: If the Followup-To header is set to "poster", then your newsreader is supposed to direct replies to the poster rather than to a newsgroup. -- Todd S. Lehman | (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)