 Administrative / General / 926
  Re: Picky, Picky Web Posting

Also sprach Mike Stanley: : If so, couldn't somebody whip up a simple little "cookie jar" program : to help people transport cookies from their work machines to their : home machines? I know I find myself in John's position all the time, : with one (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Picky, Picky Web Posting

(...) So I could just (for netscape) copy cookies.txt around from machine to machine? Hmmm... I could probably use this to let my wife and I "log on" to the same browser and retain our separate identities. I would assume that you would need to exit (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Picky, Picky Web Posting

(...) Right, but surely some competent program could make a little utility to reach out and grab your cookies.txt file and throw it onto a disk. I'm assuming it would take more than a simple copy process - maybe changing machine names or something. (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Picky, Picky Web Posting

(...) Well, you need to know the location of cookies.txt, that's the rub. Otherwise, you can just use a DOS Batch file for this task. Jasper (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Picky, Picky Web Posting

Also sprach Sproaticus: : So I could just (for netscape) copy cookies.txt around from machine to : machine? Hmmm... I could probably use this to let my wife and I "log on" to : the same browser and retain our separate identities. Yup. But if your (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)