 Administrative / General / 9147
Re: Before you post annoyance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:00:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Chapple writes:
Is there some sort of saved setting that I've accidentally misplaced?
Every time I try to post (via the web) I have to enter my name, address
and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothin' but the truth.
Even a subsequent posting within the same browser session requires it,
yet I've never encountered it before.  I scanned this group for an
announcement of a protocol change - the only thing I could find was
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9082   I got all the way to
the part about restricting passwords to three letter animal names
before thinking it must be a joke.  :-)  (I didn't bother to read the
date of the post, so my guard was down - Well done Todd.)  [ As an aside,
you can put me in the camp that thinks Mark's joke would have been OK
IF it had been on April 1st, and that people shouldn't have been maligned
for "falling for it" regardless, but particularly given the timing. ]

Steve,

When you sign in, Lugnet stores a cookie on your system. You have 3 options as
to how long it stays there. My guess is last time you signed in, you chose the
"until I sign out manually" option, but something (possibly unrelated) has
recently removed that cookie from your PC. All you need to do is sign in again.

ROSCO

PS: I always use the default "while my browser is running" option for security,
even on my home PC. Just paranoid I guess 8?)