 Administrative / General / 9141
Re: Before you post annoyance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 04:03:21 GMT

Hey Steve!

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Chapple writes:
Is there some sort of saved setting that I've accidentally misplaced?
Every time I try to post (via the web) I have to enter my name, address
and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothin' but the truth.
Even a subsequent posting within the same browser session requires it,
yet I've never encountered it before.

I'm guessing that the problem might be your cookies. LUGNET saves your info
on cookies (scrambled IIRC). So if your cookies (on explorer or Netscape)
were turned off, you'd have to "remind" the server it's still you.

HTH,
-Shiri