 Administrative / General / 9028
Re: Calling it Quits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 05:27:13 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3ABEC5F9.A3D7E2CF@mindspring.com...

These stupid jokes are starting to get on my nerves. I'd also say that
this topic is entirely off topic for this group. It isn't fun (if it
wasn't a joke, it's not fun, if it is a joke, it's sick, it's definitely
LEGO related and therefor off topic for lugnet.off-topic.fun).

Are we now to be subjected to this crud for a whole month? Are we going
to start having these jokes all year round? Think carefully about how
easy it is to keep a straight face in a post. I wonder how much of this
kind of crud Lugnet (or any other online media) can withstand before
collapsing because no one can trust anything which is said.

And I also don't think its "funny" that people get suckered in (for one
thing, remember people often read from the start of a thread and post
their reply immediately, sure, folks should wait until they have read
the whole thread, but even those of us who have been being trapped by
not reading the whole thread before responding for 15+ years still
forget sometimes).

I think what peeves me most about this is it got to be featured on the main
Lugnet web page. Even if it were not a joke, I don't think it warrants such
notoriety....

ROSCO