 Administrative / General / 8848
8847  |  8849
Subject:
next/prev links in web interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:41:02 GMT

Todd,

Please consider putting the next/prev (1606 1608 for example) links at BOTH
the top and the bottom of a displayed post in the web interface. I find that
I often scroll down to read a multi screen post, then need to scroll back up
to hit the next link. Putting another copy of these two URLs at the very
bottom of the display (where the copyright is now, move it to the left a
bit?) would save major time in surfing, I think.

Yes, I could tab to the edit box, key up, etc etc.

But when you are in inhale mode, you could just leave your mouse pointer in
the same exact place (in the bottom lower corner) and use the page down key
to page through the post...

I dunno when in the post composition process you generate next/prev but
hopefully you could just reuse the generated string to put it at the bottom
(that's typically what I do on generated screens)

++Lar