 Administrative / General / 8800
Re: Email copies of lugnet posts still working ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 18:09:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ray Sanders writes:
Hmm, I don't see that email address (nor anything containing 'sanders'
or 'svic', for that matter) anywhere in the subscription database.
What do you see when you go here?--
http://news.lugnet.com/news/mail/

I see two blank fields. However, the header line in this 'post message'
page has the correct info 'Ray Sanders <rsanders@svic.net> - Gopher
Tortise DMZ'. Where does that come from.

It comes from a cookie called "NEWSPOST" or, if you're signed in, from a
virtual cookie in your member record, which, lemme see...yes, you've got.

Have I been (or gotten myself) removed from the email subscriptions ?

Apparently, somehow, yes.  I don't know how, though.  I don't see your email
address in the archive list of addresses that were expunged due to mailer
daemon bounces.

Other info that may or may not have something to do with this problem:
I post from two different machines (PB-G3 & iMac) and two different ISPs
(svic.net & gate.net). Either machine could be on either ISP (depending on
whats happening and which one gets the better connection). Also, last week
I cleaned out *some* of the cookies on the PB-G3. I thought I was careful
and left the lugnet ones intact. If I inadvertainly removed one, would
that be the cause ?

No, it wouldn't have anything to do with cookies.  It would be caused by
your address having been removed from the outgoing lists.  Do you remember
what group(s) you were subscribed to?

--Todd