 Administrative / General / 88
Re: Trouble seeing new articles with Free Agent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 06:52:31 GMT

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.co.nz> writes:

Todd Lehman wrote in message <360f36c6.55437893@lugnet.com>...
All 4 of the articles I posted to lugnet.general today were ignored by Free
Agent until I unsubscribed the group and re-added it.  Netscape news can
see them just fine.  And they show up just fine interactively with "telnet
lugnet.com 119".  The server software hasn't changed recently and appears
to be working 100% correctly.  Bug in Free Agent or something I'm missing?

I have more or less the opposite problem - every article gets re-marked as
new every time I open the newsgroup in Outlook Express. I'm not sure how,
but I think it's at your end (well, the other news servers work OK...).
Hmm, and it's only happening here. I may unsubsribe and play with things...

Anyone else having this problem?

Since you were here playing in the sandbox with us before the groups were
wiped, I think you need to unsubscribe all of them (with deleting all the
messages at your end) and re-subscribe.  You can use Ctrl-A, Ctrl-S to do
it all quickly...

--Todd