 Administrative / General / 8788
8787  |  8789
Subject:
Netscape 6 Uglyness (was: Re: Filtering out Bionicle/Slizer/Roboriders posts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:14:45 GMT

This may be more of an FYI but I thought I ought to mention it.

I recently Installed Netscape 6 and have been posting without a problem for a
couple of days now.  Today this message was posted as a duplicate doing
something I have done with Netscape 4.7 without a problem in the past.

What I did was I posted the origional message then I used the "Back" button to
clicked post after previewing the message (this has bitten me more than once),
Clicked "Forward" to see the message confirmation page.  Doing this seems to
have resubmitted the post using Netscape 6 where doing the same thing in
Netscape 4.7 did not result in a duplicate post.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

In lugnet.technic, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.technic, Constantine Hannaher writes:

So, Is there any way I can filter those posts out of my web interface?
(I guess it's a question for Todd unless somebody else knows the answer)

If you use the Web interface go here...

http://news.lugnet.com/news/filter/

Eric Kingsley

But... doesn't that filter only work at the top-level view of newsgroups? Our
correspondent is reading specifically the Technic news group and is looking for
way to read it without all the roboriders, slizers, and bionicles messages.
Wouldn't it be good if there was a link at the top left which was exclusive of
the specialized groups, i.e., a "Technic" area that only included messages to
lugnet.technic and not messages to any lower level newsgroup?

I think I may have missunderstood you.  You can also look at just the messages
in lugnet.technic with out the subgroups.  From the Technic page you can click
on "View Plain (Without subgroups)" at the bottom of the page and it brings you
here...

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=,-20&v=c

That might be more what you are looking for.

Eric Kingsley