 Administrative / General / 8436
8435  |  8437
Subject:
Pause News-by-Mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:55:14 GMT

I asked about this sometime ago, but the article seemed to have gotten lost
in a great debate that was raging at the time.

I was wondering if it'd be possible to provide a single switch to pause the
News-by-Mail feature.  This way you wouldn't have to remember all the groups
you've subscribed to, you could just turn it on or off as you please.  The
most useful situation would be when you're away for a while and don't want
to come back with ten thousand messages in your inbox.

I realize there's a pile of other features that are probably backlogged, but
I think this one *should* be easy (but what do I know?), and would be
definitely be useful.

Thanks.

--
  David Schilling