 Administrative / General / 8417
Re: Leakage from .debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:15:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
I don't want to drag another thread into the discussion about .debate,
but in the following post:

http://news.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=1795

Larry says:

I'm sorry for dragging your employer in where not appropriate, then laying
the sarcasm on a bit thick... that wasn't nice. My apologies.

Larry - I'm curious, do you feel that your response to Christopher may
have been more harsh than it may have deserved to be, perhaps was
influenced at all by the frustration of the "debate" in .debate? In my
last post in .admin, I brought up the possibility of leakage out of
.debate, could this be an example?

Just a thought, and feel free to ignore or blast me if my opinion is
horribly off target

No, it's a good point. I was wondering about that myself.

I, of course, would like to think I'm nifty! enough that I don't let how
things go in one group influence how they go in another, and especially not
to the point of lambasting a recently decloaked lurker... but perhaps I have
feet of clay after all?

We have touched on this in the past, how vitriol can leak, and how ill
feelings can be carried over, and I guess had I snapped at Bill Farkas it
might have been more defensible. (??) But I think what made it worse is that
I managed to be quite civil to Bill Farkas in the thread about the letter to
Lego, while snapping at an unrelated bystander in a different one.

Ok, no, it's not really more defensible to have snapped at Bill either.

In hindsight, I came down WAY too hard on Christopher and I am not going to
stand behind any "but the devil/.debate made me do it" defense, it was just
unacceptable...

++Lar