 Administrative / General / 8392
  Re: Web interface cancels (was Re: Let's define what an auction announcement/update is)

(...) eh? the only way you can get an id cookie is by putting in the confirmation code, isn't it? Also, if you can cancel messages only by you, and only if you're logged in (have to be a member), that's pretty secure... No way to get the member (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Web interface cancels (was Re: Let's define what an auction announcement/update is)

(...) Oh? I could easily be wrong-- being a still-starting-out web programmer my browser's cookies are always being rewritten, etc, so I'm not sure. But I thought that there were something like three different cookies that Lugnet can drop you? - (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Web interface cancels (was Re: Let's define what an auction announcement/update is)

Do we have numbers on relative mail/nntp/web POSTING usage? (...) NNTP already allows cancel. It is possible for someone who knows the NNTP protocol to forge cancels, I believe, but I am not sure. I would be OK with web cancel only working when you (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)