 Administrative / General / 8383
Re: LP POINT 3.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:52:49 GMT

Nothing short of this, or short of *everyone* completely ignoring Scott
everywhere, was going to resolve this antisocial behaviour of his. Look at
his track record in admin.general (where it is much more important in the
scheme of things that one not be disruptive, after all being disruptive here
is not a big deal, really, one can safely ignore this whole group and not
miss much LEGO talk)... Snipe after snipe to the point where he exasperated
Todd. Todd may be stubborn but he does NOT anger easily, it takes a lot to
ruffle his feathers.

If Todd were to think that I am being deliberately disruptive in this group,
I'm sure he would just stop me from posting in it. If I were being
deliberately disruptive in this group, I'd expect to be stopped. But the
fact is, I'm not deliberately disruptive. No one should doubt that I want
LUGNET to succeed, and that I'm happy that it is succeeding. However, just
because I have a huge amount of respect for Todd and others on LUGNET (yes,
including you Larry), it does not mean that I agree with all that happens
all the time. There are 100's/1000's of people who use LUGNET, and I think
it is a real shame that more of them do not get involved in the discussions
in this group - rather than it being restricted to 1% of the population. So,
yes, at times I do find myself trying to see situations from other
perspectives rather than my own, I will give wrong doers the benefit of the
doubt, and I will criticise opinions. However, mostly, I find it dull and
just stay out of it - shame on me!

Scott A