 Administrative / General / 8366
    Re: "jump.cgi" considered harmful ? (1) —Todd Lehman
   (...) It's not to track stats on who goes where, although an evil server that wanted to do that could probably do that. Its purpose here is to track how often the where's are being gone to relative to one another and from what pages. It's the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: "jump.cgi" considered harmful ? (1) —Scott Arthur
   (...) Well I suppose the nub of this is, if we accept LP's assertion that it is slowing things down, is the cost of doing this worth the benefit. Is the data being collected because it can be collected, or because it needs to be collected? Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)