 Administrative / General / 8303
  Lugnet having intermittent problems?

I had several instances of "server busy, try later..." as well as seeing that the traffic report is "all quiet" across the board again. Are we starting to push the capacity limits of Lugnet(tm) or are there other issues behind the scenes? I'm (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet having intermittent problems?

(...) I'm digging to isolate the problem. It's not a capacity limit problem -- the normal load on the server is moderate. It's something else, most likely a bug in the webserver somewhere. I caught three httpd processes spinning, each using 33% of (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet having intermittent problems?

(...) was, given that since Lugnet was responding slowly, I was swapped out to other tasks and just leaning on the retry button every few minutes to see if it was back. Good luck with your bughunt. I hope it's not a DoS attack. ++Lar (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet having intermittent problems?

(...) Any reason you're using Apache 1.2.6? That's quite a few versions back... (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)