 Administrative / General / 8209
Re: Concerning Prevention of abuses and Authenticated logins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 21:48:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Alex Farlie writes:
Dear Todd,
    In a recent posting somone mentioned the possiblity of having
authenticated logins.
[snip]

This is probably taking things a ways off Alex's post, by I have
another question about logins.  AFAIK, until recently the current
member login had no real benefit until the set guide was enhanced
to allow posting of personal collection data.  I had always
thought that the login would allow me to post as a recognized
member without having to enter the posting info (name, email,
acknowledge T&Cs) for every single post.  As it turns out it
didn't so I saw no real need to login, and generally I don't.

Would it be possible to enhance the logged in environment
so that posting profiles are automatically entered?  I would
much rather log in each visit than enter all that stuff every
time I want to post something.

Thanx,
KDJ

P.S., is it possible to have it auto-add a sig?

Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada