 Administrative / General / 8181
  About member search

Hi, Todd Can you add a search function to find member by their name? Because we have to read over 100K files to find a member, it is to slow! As you know, not all counties have fast Internet access even if in Japan. Br Zhengrong (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: About member search

(...) Have you tried going here (URL) then clicking on By Last Name or By First Name then just scroll down alphabetically until you find the person. Seems pretty simple to me. BEN GATRELLE (But a search box would be even simpler) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: About member search

(...) He certainly done it, as I see. And the "100K file" that he mentioned is just the page you described..:-) And yes it takes more than a minute for me, too. (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: About member search

"Ben Gatrelle" <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> wrote in message news:G2y5pq.G01@lugnet.com... (...) alphabetically (...) I think he ment: "Bring me nothing initially, search and present requested info" ,instead of "Bring me everything first, then (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: About member search

(...) Yes, I agree a search box would be good, but not knowing how quickly the server searches, it might take just as long to have the search page load, you type in the name, select from a pull down menu the type of search (first name, last name, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: About member search

"Ben Gatrelle" <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> wrote in message news:G2zM51.2oH@lugnet.com... (...) (first (...) You have a very god point there Ben... BTW, A friend of mine found out a way to make his PC go faster. He used 8 megs out of 16 in total of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)