 Administrative / General / 8196
Re: About member search
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:30:13 GMT

"Ben Gatrelle" <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> wrote in message
news:G2zM51.2oH@lugnet.com...

Yes, I agree a search box would be good, but not knowing how quickly the
server searches, it might take just as long to have the search page load,
you type in the name, select from a pull down menu the type of search • (first
name, last name, country), have the server search through its database and
then display a search results page.
Just my 2 cents worth, trying to be helpful.
BEN :)

You have a very god point there Ben...
BTW, A friend of mine found out a way to make his PC go faster. He used 8
megs out of 16 in total of his internal ram to build a ramdisk. (Win 3.11)

Then he told the virtualmemory to use it;-)
/Joakim