 Administrative / General / 8041
Re: Partsref Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:53:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
Heh.  Maybe.  It might also have to do with me trying to run it in the
background on a Win98 machine.  I moved it over to an old P166 with NT4,
and it's going much faster.  Unfortunately, the P166 doesn't have enough
disk space for all the BMP files at once, so I'm having to take it in
phases.

You know, if you could script this us so I could run it I would be happy to
let it run on any number of my available PIII machines with scads of
diskspace.  In fact, with just a little time and effort I could rig up a
remote controllable machine with plenty of diskspace if you wanted to run it
yourself.

If it is something that can run under NT4 and you can script it out for me to
do I have 3 PIII machines in my office that sit idle most of the day most of
the time - I'd be more than happy to put their cycles to use for this.

At this point, it's all over but the zipping.

But I do plan on making some improvements, so it can be done as a
delta-process, instead of rerunning the whole show for each parts update.

I also plan on packaging it up, so anyone can run it.  Reducing the truck
factor and all that.

Steve