 Administrative / General / 7945
Re: I am looking for inventories of...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:57:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
So how come I still got replies whenever I DID post questions to that group
a while back?

Probably because people weren't being careful.

Or because we gave up on barking about it.  Plus, there is no good place to
post inquiries for set inventories right now.

Sort of like there not being a good place to post requests for new LDraw
parts, so people post their requests to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.  I've mostly
given up on redirecting that traffic.

There needs to be a fix up front, not an education afterwards.  That is, we
need a group for this kind of request.   This group could also serve the
need for a place for questions like:

"What sets had this part?"
"Can anyone identify this part?"
(which are really just variations of the same thing: a request for
information about the part-in-set relation)

Maybe this could be catch-all group for discussion of set contents, set
design, part design, manufacturing quality?

Maybe lugnet.sets?

Steve