 Administrative / General / 7874
Re: News Server just lost all of my News-By-Mail settings?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:17:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Andy Lynch writes:
Todd,
I just realized that I haven't received any Lugnet mail for a couple of
hours, and when I checked news.lugnet.com, I saw some messages that I should
have received.  I went to check to see if I was subscribed to the groups
that I was seeing messages for, and the web page says that I am not
subscribed to any groups!  I was a couple of hours ago, and I haven't made
any changes.  What's going on?

Lemme check...  OK, I see your email address was in a list of about 20 "dead"
email address that I cleaned out a couple of hours ago because they had all
been sending back tons of rejections.  Most of the time when this happens,
an email account is dead (someone ditched it and forgot to unsubscribe) or
someone went on vacation and let their mailbox fill up and exceed quota.

--Todd