 Administrative / General / 7697
  Load too high?

Just a couple of minutes ago (5:02pm Eastern by my system clock) I received this error message: Server temporarily unavailable due to heavy load. Please try again in a few minutes. several times while trying to load the page at URL: (URL) saw some (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Load too high?

(...) Thanks. My fault. I launched a process which forked a bunch of times to do some updates and things. I noticed it too, and raised the threshold. I set the threshold at a low conservative value initially. It's still a bit conservative now, but (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Load too high?

(...) Umm, isn't that what MaxClients is for? The only thing I use load triggerd shutoff for is the Virtual Explorer, since someone could (and has) pointed a rude paralell robots.txt ignoring web-sucker at it and caused 40+ povray renderings to (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Load too high?

(...) No. Depending on what the processes are doing, you can have dozens of httpd processes all impacting the load average very negigibly, especially if they're blocked on I/O writes to the socket. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)