 Administrative / General / 7622
  Transient delivery failures?

I keep getting one of these sent to me every hour, even though the message has been posted OK, via NNTP. ---*From:* MDaemon@plexuspostoffice.com *To:* hmillington@cix.co.uk The following data may contain sections which represent BASE64 encoded file (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Transient delivery failures?

yeah yeah! me too! I thought it was for another mailing list i crossposted to, since the message posted ok. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Transient delivery failures?

(...) That's bizarre. And just yesterday, someone reported something similar via email. From the headers, it appears that the mailer daemon at plexuspostoffice.com is broken and is sending you the bounce/retry warning messages rather than sending (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Transient delivery failures?

(...) Apparently, it's from a misbehaving mailer daemon which is ignoring the 'Errors-To:' header on the outgoing news-by-mail message for the .technic newsgroup when it was sent via e-mail to e-mail subscribers. The mailer daemon was/is trying to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)