 Administrative / General / 7263
Re: Later May-June 2000 issues of Mania Magazine DID Include a disclaimer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 01:10:00 GMT

Actually, no, what Rich is talking about is _new_ news.  (At least to the best
of my knowledge.)  What was discussed before was that the July-August issue
did contain a disclaimer to make up for the mistake in the May-June issue, but
what's new news here is that some of the latter-end copies of the May-June
issue also included a disclaimer.  The May-June disclaimer was added as an
after-step (after the print run) as part of the ink-applied address label --
IIRC, LEGO said at the time we met with them in mid-May that approximately
90% of the May-June issues had already been shipped and that they would add a
short notice (if they could) onto the remaining 10%.  Then of course for the
real fix, they added a bigger disclaimer onto the actual print plate masters
for the July-August issue.

So, in summary:

  May-June - first 90% of the issues shipped - no disclaimer
  May-June - last 10% of the issues shipped - short disclaimer
  July-August - all issues - full disclaimer

Hope this clarifies the confusion.  :)

Indeed. I was reading too fast, thanks for the clarification. It's certainly
of historical interest, at any rate.

++Lar