 Administrative / General / 6955
6954  |  6956
Subject:
Very old new newsgroup request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 02:18:30 GMT

Could someone please explain to me, while we compartmentalise newsgroupos
for categories like robotics (for example) which end up having ridiculously
tiny numbers of messages in them (e.g. code-pilot, VLL, robot-arena), we
still have the huge bloated tumescent piles of messages that are
market.auction and buy-sell-trade?
I mean, surely any arguments directed for and against having specific topics
in robotics (for example) applies equally or even more so to auctions/b-s-t?

If this is true, then I ask once again, could we please have a
lugnet.market.au ? If there's a big reason this stuffs everything up in a
way that making a robot-arena (oooh!) newsgroup doesn't, then feel free to
clue in dumb old me (if you could spare the time).

Thanks for reading,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/

P.S. Follow-ups usage is rampant now. I'd say around 70% of threads I read
get grafted somewhere else... of course it's probably only us overseas users
(with NNTP and slow connections) that are penalised as a result....
grrrr.....

P.P.S. Aha! Perhaps the market groups are an economic conspiracy to try and
encourage people to trade with the U.S. rather than their own countrymen!
;-)